If you're having trouble with the Blitz overlay not working while playing Apex Legends, you've come to the right place! In this support article, we will explore some common reasons why the overlay might not be working and provide step-by-step solutions to help you fix the issue.
1. Install all Visual Studio C++ redistributable packages:
You can download and install all Visual Studio C++ redistributable packages from this link: Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Package All-in-One
2. Apex is Installed in an Inaccessible Directory
If Blitz cannot detect games, it might be because they are installed in the C:\Windows or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ directories. To resolve this, please relocate or reinstall Apex Legends to a more accessible location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\ or D:\Games.
3. Run Blitz.gg as an Administrator
If you are not an admin user on your system, you will have to run Blitz.gg as an administrator in order for the overlay to work properly with Apex Legends:
- Open Blitz.gg's installation directory (C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Programs\Blitz by default)
- You can also find this folder by pressing Windows button + R and typing %localappdata%\Programs\Blitz
- Right-click the Blitz.exe file
- Select 'Properties'
- Go to 'Compatibility'
- Check the box for 'Run this program as an administrator'
- Click 'Apply' and 'OK'
4. 'Disable fullscreen optimizations'
Please make sure that Apex Legends' 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' option is disabled:
- Open the game's installation folder
- Right-click the game's process file (for example: 'r5apex.exe') and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Compatibility' tab
- If the 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' option is checked, make sure to uncheck it and click 'Apply'
- Restart the game
5. DirectX 12 compatibility
Please note that as of now, Blitz.gg does not support DirectX 12. If you've opted into using DirectX 12, consider rolling back to DirectX 11 in Apex Legends.
6. Corrupted anti-cheat installation
A corrupted anti-cheat installation could be another reason for the Blitz overlay not working. In this case, a clean reinstallation of Apex Legends is necessary:
- Uninstall Apex Legends through your game launcher (e.g., Steam or EA app).
- Delete any remaining game files in your installation folder.
- Reinstall Apex Legends and launch the game with Blitz to check if the overlay is working.
7. Antivirus blocking injection
Your antivirus software might be blocking the Blitz overlay from injecting into Apex Legends. To resolve this issue:
- Add Blitz and Apex Legends to your antivirus software's exception list.
- Restart your computer and launch both applications to check if the overlay is working properly.
8. Corrupted system files
Corrupted system files may also be causing the Blitz overlay issue. To check and repair system files:
- Press the Windows key + X and select "Command Prompt (Admin)."
- Type `sfc /scannow` and press Enter.
- Allow the system to scan and repair any corrupted files.
- Restart your computer and launch Blitz and Apex Legends to see if the issue is resolved.
9. Corrupted DirectX files
If you have corrupted DirectX files, the Blitz overlay might not work properly. To fix this:
- Download and install the latest version of DirectX from the Microsoft website.
- Restart your computer and launch Blitz and Apex Legends to check if the overlay is functioning correctly.
10. Corrupted/expired Windows certificates
Corrupted or expired Windows certificates might also cause the Blitz overlay issue. To check and update your certificates:
- Download latest version of this project: Asher Tools - Root Certificate Updater
- Run (RootCertificateUpdater.exe) and follow the instructions inside the program.
Restart the computer for changes to take effect
11. Install DigiCert root certificate:
To install the DigiCert root certificate, follow these steps:
- Navigate to %localappdata%\Programs\Blitz\resources\binaries\
- Run blitz-update-digicert.exe
- RESTART WINDOWS FOR CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT
12. Make sure that your Windows Install is updated to the latest version and you’re not using a cracked/modified build:
You can download the latest version of Windows 10 from this link: Download Windows 10
You can download the latest version of Windows 11 from this link: Download Windows 11
We hope this support article helps you resolve the overlay issue in Apex Legends. If you still encounter problems, please contact our support team for further assistance. Happy gaming!