This article will guide you through steps to resolve an issue where Valorant is not being detected by the Blitz client. The Blitz app works in tandem with the client API and uses memory reading to provide stats and insights. Therefore, it's crucial that Blitz operates either on the same level or above Valorant to function optimally.
Why is this happening?
The root cause of this issue often lies in the access level permissions of the applications. If the Blitz client isn't granted the necessary permissions, it can't read the Valorant game data. This may result in Valorant not being recognized by the Blitz client.
Follow these steps to ensure that the Blitz client and Valorant are running at the appropriate levels:
Step 1: Check if Blitz is Running as Administrator
1. Close your Blitz client and Valorant if they're open.
2. Find the Blitz app icon on your desktop or in your programs list.
3. Right-click on the Blitz app icon and select 'Properties'.
4. In the 'Properties' window, navigate to the 'Compatibility' tab.
5. Under 'Settings', check the box labeled 'Run this program as an administrator'.
6. Click 'Apply', then 'OK' to save your changes.
7. Launch Blitz and Valorant again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Step 2: Check Valorant's Running Level
In some cases, the issue could arise from Valorant running at a higher level than Blitz. To avoid this, ensure that Valorant is not running as an administrator:
1. Repeat the steps above for the Valorant application, but this time, make sure the 'Run this program as an administrator' box is **unchecked**.
Step 3: Ensure Both Programs are on the Same Drive
If you're still experiencing issues, another factor to check is whether both Blitz and Valorant are installed on the same drive. Mismatched locations can lead to detection issues.
Step 4: Verify Game Files
If Blitz is still unable to detect Valorant after following these steps, you may need to verify the game files for Valorant.
1. Open the Riot Games client.
2. Navigate to Valorant and click on the gear icon to access 'Settings'.
3. Click 'Verify' to allow the client to check and repair any corrupt or missing game files.
By ensuring that both Valorant and the Blitz client are running at the appropriate levels, you'll be able to use Blitz.gg to its full potential. However, if you're still experiencing issues after following these steps, feel free to reach out to our support team. We're here to help you troubleshoot and resolve any issues you may be facing.